ART news update – December 2018
Latest news & highlights for ART clients include:
- Having become the first comedian to win Britain’s Got Talent, Lee Ridley (Lost Voice Guy) filmed appearances on America’s Got Talent: The Champions (NBC), Live At The Apollo (BBC Two), The Royal Variety Performance (ITV) and Comedy Central At The Comedy Store (Comedy Central UK). Also, his comedy short, I Just Called To Say…, was available to view on Sky On Demand and broadcast on Sky Arts. Lee sold out his Edinburgh Fringe run of Inspiration Porn at the Gilded Balloon so extra shows had to be added. The show was recorded by Audible and will be available soon. His tour, I’m Only In It For The Parking, is now on sale (click here to book tickets) as is his book of the same name which will be published by Transworld on 16th May 2019 (click here to pre-order a copy). Lee became an official ambassador for Scope in November, attending their annual dinner hosted by Clare Balding. Finally, for Ability Series 1 (BBC Radio 4), Lee has been nominated with his co-writer Katherine Jakeways for Best Radio Comedy in the 2019 Writers’ Guild Of Great Britain Awards), The Tinniswood Award and Best Scripted Comedy (Long form) in the 2019 BBC Audio Drama Awards.
- Laura Lexx won Best Performer in the Comedians’ Choice Awards at the 2018 Edinburgh Fringe following a critically-acclaimed run of her show, Trying. Laura will be performing the show at the Soho Theatre from 20th-23rd February 2019 (click here to buy tickets). Laura appeared on BBC At The Edinburgh Festivals (BBC Two) and filmed the Live At The Apollo Christmas Special (BBC Two) which will be broadcast on 22nd December 2018 at 9.30pm. Laura continues to be a regular host of The Comedy Club (BBC Radio 4 Extra).
- Rob Deering appeared on Strictly: It Takes Two (BBC Two) and continues to be a regular contributor to The Steve Lamacq Show (BBC Radio 6 Music) as well as regularly hosting The Comedy Club (BBC Radio 4 Extra).
- Adam Pearson appeared on Pointless Celebrities (BBC One). He also appeared on Newsnight (BBC Two) as well as being interviewed on LBC and TalkRadio about disability representation in the media. Adam stars in the film Chained For Life which has been screened at numerous film festivals around the world including the BFI London Film Festival. Adam is currently filming You, Me & Eugenics for BBC Four and is supporting The Telegraph’s Christmas charity campaign on behalf of Changing Faces – click here to read his interview in The Telegraph.
- Juliette Burton sold out her run at the Edinburgh Fringe for the fourth year in a row. She also toured the UK with her award-winning show, Butterfly Effect.
- Georgie Morrell performed her critically-acclaimed show, A Poke In The Eye, at the Carlisle Fringe, Nottingham Comedy Festival and Bedford Comedy Festival. She also appeared on Victoria Derbyshire (BBC Two) and 5 News (Channel 5) as well as being interviewed on 5 Live Drive (BBC Radio 5 Live) in relation to the 150th anniversary of the RNIB.
- Tickets for the 2019 Leicester Comedy Festival are currently on sale for the following – Laura Lexx: Trying (click here to book tickets), Laura Lexx: Bits Of A Show In A Random Order (click here to book tickets), Doug Segal: How To Read Minds & Influence People (click here to book tickets), Juliette Burton: Working Stuff Out (click here to book tickets) and Georgie Morrell: Work In Progress (click here to book tickets).